Posted: July 3
Kyotango Covid-19 News Update
Due to the Covid-19 crisis there are many restrictions on travel, especially international, and many business are closed or operating on restricted hours. For those currently in Japan we ask you to continue showing restraint and follow the official advice on travel and gatherings.
For those traveling to Japan from abroad the government has denied entry to anyone who, in the last 14 days, has visited any of the countries listed in section 1 of the web-page linked below (please follow the link for the full list): https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/
For quick reference the following countries are included on the list: Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Republic of Korea, China, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
Additionally foreign nationals travelling on a Chinese passport issued in Hubei, or Zhejiang provinces in China will be denied entry.
For further details on travel restrictions to Japan, including suspension of re-entry visas, please see follow the above link.
Keep up-to-date with the latest covid-19 news in Japan NHK World News. Available in English, Chinese, Thai, and a variety of other languages.
NHK has recently launched a Multilingual Emergency Update site which will contain information on natural disasters and the ongoing pandemic.
The Japan National Tourism Organization operates a 24 hour 365 days a year information and accident and emergency hotline. Including Covid-19 information. It is available in English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
From Japan 050-3816-2787
From Overseas +81-50-3816-2787
Kyotango’s Covid-19 Condition
Currently there have been no reported cases of Covid-19 in Kyotango. In the event of a case this section will be updated. Please see the Kyotango City Homepage (an automatic translation tool is available on the top right) for local details. The Kyoto Prefecture Homepage (Japanese language only) has prefecture wide infection information.
Businesses and Points of Interest Closed due to Covid-19
The following businesses and points of interest are closed for the listed duration. Businesses not listed may also be closed so it is advisable to contact them first to make sure they are open.
- Hei Beach Campsite closed until further notice
- Yukemuri Market closed until further notice
- Yuhigaura Tourist Information Desk closed until further notice
Businesses and Points of Interest with Restricted Access due to Covid-19
The following businesses are still operating but with restricted hours and customer numbers. Businesses may change details without prior notification. Businesses not listed may also have reduced hours or capacity.
- Kumihama SANKAIKAN restricted opening hours
- Tango Kingdom “Shoku-no-Miyako” restricted opening hours
- Sotoyu Hanayumi Onsen restricted opening hours
- Komachi Onsen restricted opening hours and customer numbers
- Ashinigu Onsen restricted opening hours
- Kanihan the shop is open with restricted hours, the restaurant is closed
- Japanese Confectionary Ann restricted days and hours
- Tango Himonoya restricted opening hours
- Hachohama Seaside Park car park is open, but the beach is closed for routine maintenance
Business and Points of Interest that have Re-opened with no Operating Hour Restrictions
The following businesses have resumed normal operations after a period of being closed or restricting operating hours. Some business may require you to wear masks to enter the premises or ask that you not handle displays or get too close to staff or other groups.
- Shizuka no Sato Onsen
- Minato Yuu Yuu Onsen closed until June 15th
- Yuhigaura Beach Hamazume Car Park
- Kyogamisaki Park
- Tango Ancient Village Museum
- Kyotango City History Center
- Kotohikihama Singing Sand Cultural Building
- Inaba Family Merchant House
- Forest Park Swiss Village
- Omiya Community Workshop
Please make sure you are wearing a mask when in public, make use of the disinfectant sprays being offered at many buildings’ entrances and keep practicing social distancing by maintaining a 2 meter distance from those not in your household.
The following file contains guidelines for using the beaches of Kyotango. Please make sure you take all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.